- Books, audio books and magazines: 2 weeks
- Videos and DVDs: 1 week
Renew items as long as those items are not on reserve for someone else.
Borrowing from Other Libraries
For $1.00 per book, customers may request specific titles, magazine articles or information on a particular subject.
Materials not available in the Grace M. Pickens Public Library can be requested on interlibrary loan from participating libraries. We don’t borrow items that we have, but are just checked out by another person. To borrow on our interlibrary loan service, you must have a Library card with the Grace M. Pickens Public Library and have established a positive return record. Staff will make every effort to get your request fulfilled.
The Grace M. Pickens Public Library does not charge postage to return interlibrary loan items, unless an excessive number of items are requested.
Computer and Internet
- Computer and Internet use is first come, first serve. No advanced reservations for use will be taken.
- There is a 30-minute time limit, unless no other users are waiting.
- No more than two people may be seated at a computer workstation.
- There is a maximum usage of two hours per day per person or group.
You may use free email sites available on the web for public use.Staff will gladly assist Internet users but cannot provide extensive instruction. During certain hours of operation, staff time may be limited. Use of the Library’s computers begins at 8:05 am and ends at 4:50 pm Monday through Friday. Saturday computer use begins at 10:05 am and ends at 12:50 pm.
Copying & Printing
- 25¢ per page computer & copy machine generated black and white copies
- $1.00 per page faxing with the United States
- $1.00 per page for receiving incoming fax
Fees and Fines
- $1.00 Library replacement card
- $5.00 year-Nonresident library card ($5.00 for a single household to receive a library card for each family member at that household)
- 0¢per day late fee
- $25.00 replacement fee per items lost or damaged (non-refundable if item is later found)