The Grace M. Pickens Public Library welcomes the use of the library by individuals of all ages to support their personal, educational and professional needs.
Who Qualifies for a Card
Library cards, with borrowing privileges, will be issued free of charge to residents of the City of Holdenville and Hughes County. There is no fee for those individuals who live, attend school or own property in Hughes County. Individuals who do not meet one of these criteria may apply for a nonresident library card.
The Grace M. Pickens Public Library Board has approved the non-resident fee of $5.00 per household per twelve (12) month period. Payment of this fee entitles the applicant’s immediate family to full library service for the twelve-month period.
How to Apply for a Library Card
- You must apply in person.
- Provide 2 (two) forms of ID.
Acceptable Forms of ID
- Photo identification showing current address is one of the requirements for patrons age sixteen and older.
- Utility bill, printed check stub (with address), Official DHS or Social Security Correspondence are also acceptable to prove current address, as long as the item is recent and contains the persons name that is applying for the library card.
Unacceptable forms of identification are medical bills, voter ids, letters from family and acquaintances, or written receipts.
Library Cards for Children and Teens
- Children must be at least 6 years old to get a Card.
- Children under the age of sixteen must have a parent or guardian apply for their library cards.
Parents or guardians must meet the registration guidelines listed above and must sign the borrower’s card acknowledging responsibility for library materials checked out by the child.